The worksheet has one line for each item that typically occurs in a committal-service liturgy, and space to record the details: what readings and hymns, who is doing them, what key the music is in. It can be used alongside other funeral planning advice sites/guidelines, to record the specific choices for a ceremony.
Downloadable template files:
About this formThis form is designed so that everything fits on one page and every major point is listed - so anyone can see at a glance what happens, and when, during the graveside or crematorium service
It is is particularly intended for:
- Family and friends, and whoever is helping them to plan the liturgical details of the funeral service
- Musicians who need to know what they need to play / sing, and when
- Audio visual and other technical people, who need to know what equipment is needed where and when
- Anyone else (eg sacristans, altar servers, photographers) who needs to know exactly what's going on.
See Catholic Funeral Templates - an overview for more information about the overall funeral structure.
Consult a local priest / ministers during funeral planning, to be sure of local requirements and customs.
Make a copy of the template by right-clicking on these icons, and choosing the option (eg save target as, save file as) to save the file into your computer.
Other related templates:
- Vigil for the Deceased - the first step in a Catholic funeral
- Catholic Funeral Mass
- Catholic Funeral liturgy outside Mass