This is a list of the major resources providing English-language suggestions
It is broken down by denomination, and also notes the national focus of each list
- St Louis Jesuits Sunday web-site
The Music of Sunday's Mass page has some helpful links, including "Sunday's music in parishes" which lists the music being used in a number of American parishes each week.
- National Association of Church Musicians planning calendar
Suggestions from a membership-based American Catholic church musician support organisation.
- Canadian Bishop's Conference:
Music for the Sunday Assembly - Year A
Music for the Sunday Assembly - Year B
Music for the Sunday Assembly - Year C
- CanticaNOVA publications
Music and liturgical suggestions for Year A, Year B and Year C, from an American company specialising in quality / traditional music. Strong emphasis on Latin and official texts.
- Liturgy Music Planner
A set of suggestions from the Archdiocese of Southwark, in England. Includes traditional hymns, and also more popular folk-hymn genre suggestions.
(Look for an up-do-date link in the lower-left side on their page)
- As One VoiceLiturgical song suggestions from a major Australian publisher.
- Voices As One
Suggestions from a American publications company, focussing on the contemporary Christian music (CCM) genre.
- Music Ministry
A comprehensive set of hymn suggestions from an Australian parish
- Living LiturgyA regular seasonal newsletter from an Australian diocese: includes various seasonal prayers and a detailed Sunday planner.
- Music Repertoire Suggestions
Suggestions from the Diocese of Wollongong in Australia, from a Core Repertoire they have established. Based on the readings and the Propers / Antiphons for the day.
Psalms and service music:
Contemporary settings of the Sunday psalms written by an on-line community of American musicians. Each psalm typically includes a video of the composer, and chord charts in several keys.
- Music for Mass
Settings of the psalm and gospel acclamation produced by a musician in the United Kingdom. Includes settings for both UK and US approved scripture translations. Focuses on simple, singable tunes.
- Bear Music
Settings of the Psalms and other antiphons from a liturgist-composer based in the UK.
- Modern Psalter
Contemporary settings of the psalms, verbatim from the Catholic lectionary and designed for liturgical use. They are written by a volunteer team with members in the UK, US, Indonesia and possibly elsewhere. Each psalm-setting has a PDF songsheet and MP3 recording.
Settings of the Psalms from the Phillipines. Some in Tagalog, some in English.
Resources that don't offer hymn suggestions directly, but provide information about the day's readings and other prayers include:
- The Directory on HomeliticsA listing of key themes from the readings, and links to Catechism sections related to them. More about it, including links.
- Mystagogical Reflection of the texts of the Roman Missal
A growing collection reflections linking the days readings with the prayers from the missal - from the American Federation of Diocesian Liturgical Commissions.
Anglican / Episcopalian / Church of England-Ireland-Scotland
- Oremus Hymnal:
A hymnal-based site that aims to be " the comprehensive source of information about the extensive tradition of Anglican and English-language hymnody" - has music suggestions based on the Revised Common Lectionary
- Starters for Sunday:
Resources and suggestions from the Church of Scotland
- United Methodist General Book of Discipleship Planning Calendar
A Revised Common Lectionary (RCL) based calendar produced by the United Methodist Church's General Board of Discipleship (GBOD) - American.
- Singing the Faith Plus
A website produced by the Methodist Church in the United Kingdom
- LCA Worship Planner Produced by the Lutheran Church of Australia, this is described as "Everything lay-readers need to prepare worship" - including hymn suggestions.
Non-denominational RCL-based resources
- Singing from the LectionaryA blog with weekly song, hymn and recorded music suggestions and resources for worship - based on the Revised Common Lectionary.
Based on suggestions made to a Uniting Church, by a person with a background in Methodist hymn-singing, Scripture in Song, Praise and Worship bands, African American Gospel, Taize, Iona and African song, American hymnody and Sacred Harp singing, and the Catholic Mass and cantored Psalms, who aims for songs that are beautiful, intelligent, and inclusive.
- The Text This Week Providing "a wide variety of resources for study and liturgy based on the 3-year Revised Common Lectionary" cycle. It presents "a diverse variety of resources for scripture study, reflection and liturgy, and purposefully do not restrict the resources to any particular theological/ideological position". Does not include music suggestions specifically - but does include an index to sources of artwork and also movies.
- The Billabong
Prepared by a retired Australian Uniting Church minister, this site has reflections and hymns suggestsions for each week, based on the Revised Common Lectionary.