This is a type of service that is sometimes used when a priest is not available, but people from a community want to pray together. The weekday form of service is somewhat simpler than the Sunday and Solemnity form.
Countries / dioceses have different guidelines for when these services are available and how they are organised and lead. This template is based on the publication "Celebrations of the Word & Communion for Sunday & Weekday Celebrations in the Absence of a Priest" from the Liturgy Office for England and Wales. You are welcome to adapt it to fit with local needs and guidelines.
Downloadable template files
This form is designed so everything fits on one page - you can see at a glance what happens, and when.
It is is particularly for:
- People who are planning and organising services
- Musicians who need to know what they need to play / sing, and when it occurs in the service
- Audio visual and other technical people, who need to know what equipment is needed where and when
- Anyone else (eg sacristans, altar servers, photographers) who needs to know exactly which parts of the service are needed.
Using the templates
You are welcome to change the template to suit your needs - the Microsoft Word version is for this, while the PDF version will always print nicely.
Make a copy of the template by right-clicking on these icons, and choosing the option (eg save target as, save file as) to save the file into your computer.
Other planning templates
- Catholic Mass planning template
- Liturgy of the Word with Communion - for Sundays and Solemnities
- Liturgy of the Word - without communion - coming soon
- Catholic wedding templates
- Catholic funeral templates