This PowerPoint document is the "skeleton" of the elements that you may need to add a song/hymn to your collection of song/hymn words. It has space for:
- The title
- Author and composer
- Lyrics / sheet music for one verse or chorus
- Copyright / license information
- A very small slide or verse number.
See managing your files library to understand why a collection of individual song-files is the best option medium / long term for managing your files.
Templates to download
How to use the template
- Click on the file-layout you want (4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio: most new projectors show an image that is 16:9 - check with your manufacturer if you are unsure which is needed).
This opens the Document Viewer, which gives you a preview of the template.
- Click the Download button in the Document Viewer to put a copy of the file onto your own computer (or any other location you choose.)
- Enter the words for the hymn / song: See Putting a hymn or song into your PowerPoint library - for hints and tips about this.
Fonts, colours and backgroundThese templates don't have any particular styling applied. Instead, when you put them into a particular slideshow, you can use the default background colour and font size and colour for it. This means that:
- When you make a song file with it, the file has black text on a white background, with 32 point font (standard ratio) or 44pt (widescreen ration) BUT
- When you include the song file into the slide-set for a service, it picks up the colour and font values for the slideset (eg it may show white text on dark green, if those are the values for the service-file)